Monday 19 September 2011

Must see this video!!! Harry Potter!!




I am not a crazy fan of Harry Potter (but I have seen all series of Harry Potter movies) I really love this awesome video!!!

Two guys use only 99 seconds to describe 7 novels and it is fairly complete. Soooo amazing!!!!  More than 4 million people have seen this video. Youtube is really a powerful tool to share video and information with other people online.

However, one thing I am thinking is that this video is not officially released by the author, but people feel good to see this video. To some extent, people enjoy seeing different kinds of videos online, but the company cannot control other people to upload video on youtube, it could be relevance to its products, image, services etc. If the video is benefit to the company, of course, companies welcome. However, if the video deliberately damage the image of the brand, what should the company do?

Do you like this song? Can this video encourage you to download the song through iTunes? Feel free to leave your comments.


6 comments:

  1. Not sure I will download the song, but it is quite funny. YouTube sure is powerful and I agree with you that UGC can certainly enhance and damage a brand's reputation. I have seen in the past YouTube have removed videos that were brand related, and I wonder if this was on request by the company or whether YouTube saw it as a threat to their own business and potentially losing future clients if they don't control what gets uploaded.
    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that it is a big challenge for all companies. People can upload the video whatever they want. However, the video may damage the company's image and reputation. How can control it ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isnt that the point of social media though - that the content is free and in a way cant be controlled? Yes I understand that means that you will get both good and bad feedback from people, but even if something is bad or unofficial doesnt it still spark the interest of people and get their attention to the brand either way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, UGC is largely uncontrollable. But it's going to happen, whether your company likes it or not, so ignoring it won't help.

    Can JK Rowling do anything about this video? Not unless she has a huge budget and very good lawyers. But that would just be silly, as it would inflame the situation.

    I love the power that consumers have now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This song is quite funny but I think I won't download the song through iTunes. Social media is uncontrollable by companies as it is controlled by consumers and users.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure JK Rowling has seen this video or not. But I hope she would appreciate this creative and amazing video. ;)

    ReplyDelete